Tuesday 6 November 2012

Cook, Eat Grow

I am lucky to belong to a lovely online group of stitching friends. Each time one of us has a birthday someone in the group makes them a special handmade gift. This year the theme was 'Cook, Eat and Grow' and it was my turn to make for Dawnie.

For COOK I made a pair of potholders from the book, Zakka Style. Dawnie loves Japanese fabrics and although they are very different to what I usually work with I did enjoy making these.


For EAT I included a magnetic 'eat' sign and some Tasmanian fudge produced about 25 minutes from where I live ... yum.


For GROW I made a drawstring bag based on Sherri's tutorial ...


and incorporated a Lynette Anderson garden stitchery called Secret Garden.


At the moment, I am enjoying mixing patchwork fabrics with linen ...


and will share some more examples soon.
 

16 comments:

  1. Lucky Dawnie - these are all gorgeous! What a lovely idea. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! And I love that its based on a theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, thoughtful gifts. I'm sure Dawnie will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this parcel that you have put together Christine,such beautiful items,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect with linen. This is a fabulous set :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful set of gifts. Very sweet, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful package of gifts you put together for Dawnie.
    I love the bag with the stitchery. It looks wonderful in those fabrics. Love linen.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lucky is Dawnie, receiving such lovely gifts, love the bag with the linen, all gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gifts and lovely stitching. I have had that chocolate on a vist to Tassie...Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Christine - Dawnie is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Christine I LOVED everything you made Dawnie. The fabrics were all gorgeous and so were the items you made. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful gifts !! They are all gorgeous !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful gifts!! I love linen projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful potholders, and the bag is fantastic, so lovely!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine