Thursday 8 May 2008

Pay It Forward Gift

Yes, I'm still here! After a couple of weeks of not feeling very motivated about blogging or stitching, not to mention some computer problems, I got a big boost yesterday when I received my Pay It Forward gift from Sarah. Isn't it amazing? I love it.



Sarah said the pattern was in an issue of Australian Country Threads. She has been very busy as she made one for Cathy as well. No excuse for a mess when I'm stitching in front of the telly anymore.



I love the little bear stitchery and am delighted to have another pincushion to add to my collection. Which reminds me - I guess I really should put the Easter tree and all its pincushion decorations away!



After receiving such a lovely gift, I now feel rather guilty that I haven't even started making mine yet! Just as well this challenge was a 365 day one. The next few weeks will be very busy at work with final preparations for and performing at an eisteddfod, so I have decided to make my PIF gifts my main projects to work on in the school holidays in June.

Will post again soon. Still haven't shown all my Autumn Gathering pictures and have a few things that I've been pottering along with to show as well. Thanks to everyone who has visited and left comments lately. Sorry if I haven't replied yet - will try to catch up soon.


22 comments:

  1. what a nice gift you have received. Just lovely. Can't wait to see more of Autumn gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just gorgeous!! What a lovely gift!!!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute!!! This was really a lovely and useful gift. I owe some PIF gifts too so I better hurry up making them now. But haven't recieved mine yet either :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...such a wonderful gift...I´ve seen it in the magazine...and thought of it...maybe its time to make one...;D
    Glad you found some energy...sometimes you just need a little push and youre back again...;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a darling gift, which reminds me I need to make one. I guess we need a shorter deadline..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gift, don't you love it when you are having an ordinary day and something comes in the mail to brighten your day. Can commiserate with the computer problems also, haven't been able to get on all week and have felt like i have had my hands cut off !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arent we lucky!!!!
    Mine is taking pride of place on the end of the couch. No excuse for threads on the floor anymore!!!
    Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blogging goodness it is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift.....how lucky are you

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I might have to go through my threads stash to see if I can find the pattern. Very lucky Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely gift.
    Kind regards

    Sonnja, from the Netherlands
    Beertje Zonn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello There Christine - Awesome PIF gift for you to receive! I know how thrilled I was to receive your special parcel in the mail that day - truly brightens your whole week !!! Thank You Ever So Much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very lucky to receive this gorgeous gift. The teddy is adorable, I love it.
    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely gift:-) Have a great creative week from Norway;-))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're ok! What a lovely gift...I think that's got to be the nicest pincushion/threadcatcher I've seen. Understand about the computer problems, ours has been acting up too, feels awful when you can't use it..lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello there

    I just stumbled across your website. WOW is all I have to say - what a wealth of wonderful pictures and project ideas!!!

    Do you mind if I added you to my blogroll?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a wonderful gift to come in the mail just when you needed a lift. It's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous thread tidy.
    I've made a few but none as nice as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. il est adorable ce coussin bravo et j'adore ton blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely gift!
    Aren't you a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. a wonderful gift, you're right!! I made one too but mine is more country and dark. The stitchery is so nice!
    bye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your thoughts.

Christine